DVLA Contact Phone Number 0872 164 0033

DVLA Contact Phone Number 0872 164 0033 5.00/5 (100.00%) 1 vote

Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency  Contact Number

0872 164 0033

Calls cost £0.7 per minute plus your providers access charge. You must be at least 18 years of age and be the bill payer or have the bill payers permission to use this service.

DVLA contact number 0872 164 0033
Vehicle registration 0300 790 6802
Vehicle tax 0300 790 6802
Driver licensing enquiries 0300 790 6801
Drivers’ medical enquiries 0300 790 6806
Driver Check Service contact 09061 393 837
Ymholiadau Cymraeg 0300 790 6819
Vehicle registration and tax with translation 0906 737 0013
Theory test enquiry 0300 200 1188

Common Questions people ask Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency Customer Service

What is DVLA?

Let us first get familiar with its full form i.e. Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency. It is an executive agency that maintains and registers the drivers in Great Britain. In addition, the agency is also responsible for the licensing of the vehicles. On the basis of these details, better road safety measures are adopted and framed, helps in bringing down the vehicle-related crimes, and cut down the vehicle tax evasion. More information can be gained by calling DVLA customer support helpline number 0872 164 0033

Key responsibilities –

  • Key responsibilities of DVLA are discussed as follows –
  • To sell DVLA personalised registrations.
  • Record the drivers medical conditions, endorsements, and disqualifications.
  • Acting against all those who evade vehicle tax.
  • Offering anonymised data to all those who are authorised to use the service.
  • Making registrations and providing tachograph cards.
  • Providing vehicle registration certificates to the owners of the vehicles.
  • Offering assistance to the police to deal with the crime.

Informing DVLA about a medical condition or disability

If you are having a valid driving license, it is imperative that you have updated DVLA about a notifiable medical condition or any disability. Here, notifiable means any medical condition or disability that may hamper your driving. Such conditions mainly comprise of strokes or epilepsy or some neurological conditions. Visual impairments are, at times, also included in such conditions. Make sure that you have informed DVLA well in advance regarding this. Each medical condition and disabilities have a different form; they are available at the official website of DVLA as well. If you have any query regarding this, you can have a word with the DVLA customer service agent at 0872 164 0033. If you fail to inform in time, you may be fined 1,000 or get prosecuted in case you have an accident. You might have to surrender your license to DVLA if the doctor has advised you to avoid driving.

Applying for V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate

This document helps in registering your vehicle with DVLA. The document has all the key details such as car information that comprise of the date of its first registration, the name of the manufacturer, the colour, and the size of the engine, etc. It also has the information about who is actually the registered keeper of the vehicle.

You have the privilege of applying for V5C over the phone by dialing DVLA contact number UK 0872 164 0033. You can replace your original V5C certificate in case you have lost or damaged the certificate of the new vehicle. If you dont have a V5C certificate, you wont able to pay your taxes legally and you cant drive on the public roads as well.

It is much easier to apply for a V5C registration certification on the phone. All you need is to make a payment of 25 that can be paid either by a credit or debit card. It is important that your name, address, and the vehicle details match correctly or else you wont be allowed to apply via phone. If you have chosen to apply over the phone, then it may take a maximum of five days to get delivered.

Knowing more about DVLA Vehicle tax and SORN

Whether you have a car, a bike, or any other vehicle, it is imperative that you taxed your vehicle with the help of a reminder letter i.e. V11. Just in case, you dont have V11, you may use V5C registration certificate. If you are not using the vehicle, you can make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) than paying tax for it. You also have the privilege to SORN your vehicle, in case the vehicle is not insured. If you face any issue while taxing your vehicle or want to know more of SORN, you can always call dial DVLA helpline number 0872 164 0033.

Booking a driving test or upgrading your license

If you drive a car, motorcycle, taxi, lorry or coach, you may have to make a booking in order to appear for a driving test. In order to give the test, make sure you are aware of the timings i.e. from 6am to 11:40pm. There are some documents that are required to appear for the test like- debit or credit card, the reference number of the instructor, and driving license number.

You also undergo a test in order to upgrade your existing license. In order to do that you need to make a call to DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency).

Vehicle registration with DVLA

Once, you have purchased your favourite vehicle, it is imperative that you get it registered as quickly. You dont have to undergo those long processes instead all you need is to fill a form and afterward that filled form needs to be sent to DVLA where it would be verified. The form, that you have to send, depends on varied circumstances. Before you move any further, ensure that the vehicle is registered with you. It is also important that you have updated the records if any changes have been made to the vehicle. In the case, where you have already registered your vehicle with DVLA and you are just interested in updating the details, make sure you have dialed DVLA contact number UK 0872 164 0033 and a customer support executive will help you out in the best possible way.

Tell about the speeding penalties?

Make sure you have followed the speeding limits while driving or else you have to pay a fine of 100. And it also adds three penalty points to your license. Whats worse, if you have successfully developed 12 or more penalty points (within three years), you wont be able to drive and you will be disqualified.

What are the penalties for drinking driving?

It is one of the major offences in the UK and if you are caught, you will be fined and in the worst case scenario, you will be put behind bars.

While driving and found unfit to drive while you are drunk, you may get

  • There are strong possibilities that you may get banned from driving.
  • You may be put behind bars for three months.
  • You might have to pay a fine of 2,500.

Refusing to offer a specimen of urine, blood or breathe for analysis –

  • You might face an unlimited fine.
  • You may be put behind bars for six months.
  • You will be banned from driving for one year.

If you were driving, under the influence of drink, and you have killed somebody –

  • You will be banned from driving for a maximum of two years.
  • You may be imprisoned for a maximum of 14 years.
  • You will be imposed an unlimited fine.

Can I be fined, if my vehicle fails MOT test?

Yes, there is a fine of 1,000. You will also be fined if you are found driving your vehicle with a license plate displaying incorrect number plates.

You can get theft-resistant number plates – these make it harder for someone to remove them from your vehicle quickly and reuse them. Ask your local car dealer or registered number plate supplier for more information.

You can also use theft-resistant number plates. Such plates cannot be removed easily and there are fewer chances of reusing them as well. You can have more information about these license plates when you dial DVLA Contact Number support helpline number

Is it allowed to import vehicles in the UK?

Yes, you can but at the same time as soon as you bring a vehicle in the UK, you need to complete some mandatory steps. You can either make a payment to the shipping company or the importer in order to it for you. Make sure you have done the following

  • Informed HMRC within 14 days of importing the vehicle in the UK.
  • Paid duty and VAT, if it is been instructed by HMRC.
  • In order to prove that the vehicle meets the environmental and safety standards, in order to have the approval.
  • Get the vehicle taxed and registered with DVLA. You will be given a registration number that will help you in getting the number plates made up.

If you still want more information about this, get in touch with the customer representative by dialing DVLA Contact Number 0872 164 0033.

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

Sliding Sidebar